A serving Brigadier heads the organization and is designated as the Administrator. The Administrator is the Chief Executive of the Authority and exercises all executive powers delegated or otherwise in accordance with the policy laid down by the Governing Body and decisions of the Executive Board. Secretary and various Directors are mostly retired Armed Force Officers as well as specialists civilians.
Governing and Executive Board
The Authority’s functioning is overseen by two bodies:
- The Governing Body, chaired by Corps Commander posted at Peshawar.
- Executive Board, headed by the Corps Commander posted at Peshawar.
The Governing Body is headed by Commander 11 Corps. Its members are:-
- Corps Commander Peshawar – Chairman
- Chief Secretary KPK – Vice Chairman
- GOC 7 Div
- The Administrator
- Secretaries to the Government of the KPK Law and Housing Departments
- The Secretary of the Authority
- Two co-opted member to be nominated by the Chairman
The Governing Body meets at least once every year to review progress, lay down policy guidelines and approve the budget and audit report of the Authority.
Corps Commander posted at Peshawar is the President of Executive Board of DHA. Its members are:-
- Corps Commander Peshawar – President
- The GOC 7Div – Vice President
- The Administrator of the Authority
- Two co-opted member to be nominated by the president
- Secretary of the Authority
Executive Board exercises all administrative and financial powers. It meets as often as it is required.